Tuesday, September 15, 2015

How would you describe "first love"?

In Revelation 2:2-4, God had these words for one of the churches: "Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first."

One of my most vivid memories from my early days of being a Christian is singing while riding my bike to school. There was a popular song at the time called The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA by Donna Fargo, and I’d sing it on my way to school, which was rather odd since I lived in Australia, but it expressed how happy I felt. Now, whenever a speaker talks about returning to our first love, that song comes to mind, and I remember how overwhelmed I was with the love of God.

What memory comes to your mind when a speaker talks about returning to your first love?

Technorati StumbleUpon Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: