Tuesday, September 13, 2016

On Replacing Lies With Truth

One time a Pentecostal friend of mine asked why I became fearful whenever she talked about demons. It was a fair question. I did feel fearful when she talked about demons. Yet I knew, at least intellectually, that God was more powerful than demons.

I prayed about it and asked God: why am I afraid of talking about demons? A few days later the answer suddenly came to me: I believed there were no safe places. Believing there were no safe places meant I felt vulnerable to attack.

Instantly I knew this was a lie, but it was a lie I had been unaware of and had believed for a long time. I had to decide to no longer believe the lie – I repented. I needed to replace the lie with God’s truth. Proverbs 18:10 came to mind. "The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." As I meditated on this truth, that I have a safe place in God, I realised that I can rely on him to be my protection against demons or whatever else seeks to attack me.

God's desire is for me to live free of fear and he equips me through his Word - his Truth.

Technorati StumbleUpon Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

No comments: